At Taylors we pride ourselves on providing worry free motoring in Lincolnshire and giving the best guidance and advice to those looking for a new Motability car under the Motability Scheme.
As a result, we were recently commended in the National Group of the Year awards for Motability dealers. This award is in recognition of our overall customer satisfaction and commitment to the Motability Scheme.
About the Motability Scheme
- Three fully insured named drivers
- Test drives are available
- Servicing and MOTs
- A new vehicle every three years
- Annual road tax
- Full breakdown assistance
- Tyre repair and replacement
- Window and windscreen repairs
- 60,000 mileage allowance over three years
- Many cars available with no advanced payment
New Car Every 3 Years
Insurance For 3 Drivers
Servicing, Maintenance & Breakdown Included
Am I Eligible for Motability?
To be eligible for a new Motability car, you need to receive one of the following mobility allowances and you must have at least 12 months’ award length remaining.
- Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance (HRMC DLA)
- Enhanced Rate Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (ERMC PIP)
- War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
- Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)
Unfortunately, no other allowances can be used through the Motability Scheme under any circumstances. If you are unsure you can use this handy eligibility checker tool from Motability to see whether you could qualify for the Motability Scheme. Or contact your local Taylors dealership.
Motability Scheme Application Check List
When applying for your new Motability car at one of our showrooms, please remember to bring the following with you:
- Your award letter (Certificate of Entitlement) for one of the above-mentioned benefits
- Driving licence for whoever will be driving
- Separate proof of address, such as a utility bill
Our showrooms are all friendly and accessible, with on-site disabled parking bays, wheelchair access, accessible toilets and wheelchair friendly waiting areas.
What Makes the Taylors Motability Scheme different?
Benefits of using Taylors for Motability in Lincolnshire include:
- Motability-trained advisers to guide you in your choice
- Easy access to our Motability centres
- Great range of Ford, Vauxhall and Peugeot new Motability cars available to choose from
- Test driving is also available
Our teams can help you choose the best suited vehicle to your needs. They will be on hand to guide you through each step of the process from your application, all the way through to collecting of your new Motability car.
All our showrooms for Ford Motability, Vauxhall Motability and Peugeot Motability have disabled parking close to the entrance, wheelchair accessible waiting areas with comfy seating, disabled toilets and wheelchair friendly desks.
Our vehicle ranges give you a huge choice of size, specification and comfort so you are bound to find a Motability car that is just right for you. Features such as automatic transmission, push button ignition and height-adjustable seating positions can all help make driving, or travelling, easier. Get in touch to arrange a test drive or find out about upcoming Motability cars.
Introducing the Motability Customer Account
Managing your Motability lease has never been easier thanks to the fantastic new Customer Account feature from Motability.
What are the benefits of the customer online account?
1. Create a renewal application from home.
The customer account allows you to complete three sections of your application from the comfort of your own home:
- About you
- Your award
- Grant details
This means that when you visit one of our dealerships, we can spend the whole time helping you find the perfect car.
2. Application tracking.
The online account will allow you to have better visibility of your Scheme application including vehicle details (including any adaptions), the progress of eligibility checks, named drivers and lease period.
3. Bank transfer payments.
You are now able to enter and save your bank details in your online accounts. This means Motability can make any future payments, such as the Good Condition Payment, in a fast and convenient way.
4. Accessing the PIN.
Using the online account, your PIN will be easy to find when it is time to handover your vehicle.
Ready to create your Motability Customer Account?
Mobility Adaptations to Meet Your Specific Needs
Taylors, as a long-standing Lincolnshire Motability dealer, have built a close working relationship with several vehicle adaption installers. Over the years our Motability Specialists have gained a comprehensive understanding of what adaptions will help you get the best of out your vehicle.
Additionally, the most popular adaptions come at no extra cost. You can be assured that your vehicle will provide you with the support you may need to stay mobile.
Watch the videos below that explain just some of the adaptations available that will help you get the most out of your Motability car.
See also how Gem demonstrates driving adaptations in her Motability Scheme car.
If you need adaptations made to your new car, to make it safer or more comfortable to use, you will be pleased to know that many adaptation costs are included in the cost of your Motability car. Any that are not are paid for as part of your advance payment.
For ongoing support and aftercare, such as checking your vehicle’s tyres, air or oil, just contact our Mobility team to book a health check. We can also help keep your Motability car in top condition with our comprehensive servicing and maintenance services.
There are a number of significant benefits to this type of cover including:
- Total Loss Cover is available on both new and used vehicles
- Offers important financial protection ensuing you are not left out of pocket
- Covers the gap between the Motor Insurer’s market valuation and the original invoice price of the car for up to 3 years or up to 4 years depending upon the cover you chose
- In the event of an approved claim, it will provide up to £350.00 towards your motor insurance excess and £500.00 loss expenses
- Two levels of cover. Up to 36 months or 48 months with an additional 12 month cover provided for any finance shortfall. Premiums can be made monthly or paid as a one-off lump sum.